VIRTUAL PROGRAMS #KeepingWellandConnected
The Recreation and Culture team is eager to get people of all ages active, creative, and engaged! An excellent opportunity to achieve these things is by participating in one of our virtual programs.
JOIN THE CHASE
DOWNLOAD THE APP JOIN THE GAME PLAY TO WIN PRIZES
Falling into Recreation
Seasons change and so do our recreational activities. Stay active with us and participate in our missions for Fall & Winter and you could win!
Game Begins: September 22, 2021 @ 10am
Game Ends: December 21, 2021 @ 7pm
Game Code: 1G36P1
- Goosechase is an app that requires to be downloaded on an electronic device as participants are required to submit photos and videos to play the game and win.
- The City of Welland Recreation and Culture Division is responsible for creating each Goosechase Game and the missions.
- If participants have any questions, email email@example.com
- Each Goosechase game will have a start and end date.
- Participants have a chance to win a prize for each game.
- By signing up and participating in the City of Welland Goosechase Scavenger hunts, you agree and approve content to be used and made public for promotional use by the Recreation and Culture Division
- If the mission is requesting participants to be out in the community, it is the responsibility of the participant to adhere to COVID safety regulations.
- For fair community gameplay teams cannot win 2 consecutive games offered in a row
How to use Goosechase
Once you login to the Goosechase app on your device, the first thing to do is join a game. Just search for the name of the game or enter the specific game code within the app.
To complete a mission, select it from the list and follow the instructions to receive the allotted points. Sometimes you’ll be submitting a photo or video, while other times, you’ll be checking-in at a specific location or solving a puzzle or riddle. Missions change from game to game, but the fun and excitement will always be there. Remember that while you receive the points right away, all submissions are subject to review by the organizer.
The ability to see everything as it happens is one of the best parts of GooseChase. That’s because whenever someone completes a mission, it’s added to the activity feed, and the rankings are automatically updated.
When time runs out, the game may be done, but the fun is not over. That's because organizers still need to announce the final scores after they review the submissions. It's why you should always push hard until the very end because you don't know if the teams ahead of you will have taken any shortcuts!