A Wellness Pass is an investment towards building a better social, mental and physical self. It opens doors to a healthier lifestyle, professional staff and qualified instructors.
IMPORTANT: The WCWC is open and is following the guidance of public health and the Roadmap to Recovery. This includes controlled access, limited capacity, and scheduled time blocks, with a sanitation break scheduled throughout the day. Before entering any City facility, we ask that you review the Visitor Assessment Form.If you answered YES to any of these questions, do not visit our locations. Call your health care provider or the Niagara Region COVID-19 Info-Line at 905-688-8248. A public health professional will give you detailed instructions to follow to protect you, your family and other members of the public. Please have your proof of vaccination ready as you enter.
|CHILD (14 years & under)||YOUTH (15 to 18 years)||ADULT (19 to 49 years)||50 PLUS (50+ years)||FAMILY*|
* Family membership: 2 adults 19 years and up with unlimited children/youth within the same household
Note: Trial Passes are available $5 for residents and $6 for non-residents. Replace card: $3.
Wellness Pass fees include applicable taxes and are subject to change.
Wellness Pass Benefits
- Free access to drop-in programs
- Free access to computer lab, library, woodshop and billiards room (pool cues available with valid Wellness Pass)
- Access to registration programs
- Discount pricing on ticketed events
- Online program registration
- Free Wi-Fi
- Access to health clinics and wellness seminars
- Kitchen convenience discount cards
- Fully accessible facility and free parking while using the facility
Hours of Operation
|Monday to Friday||Saturday and Sunday|
|9 a.m. to 9 p.m.||9 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
2021/2022 Holiday Hours of Operation
- December 23: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- December 24 to 27: Closed
- December 28 to 30: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- December 31 and January 1: Closed
- January 2: Regular hours resume
Hours of Operation beginning January 3
|Monday to Friday||Saturday and Sunday|
|8 a.m. to 9 p.m.||9 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
2021/2022 Holiday Closures
- Christmas Eve: Friday, December 24, 2021
- Christmas Day: Saturday, December 25, 2021
- Boxing Day: Sunday, December 26, 2021 and Monday, December 27, 2021
- New Year's Eve Day Friday, December 31, 2021
- New Year's Day Saturday, January 1, 2022
- Family Day Monday, February 21, 2022
- Good Friday Friday, April 15, 2022
- Easter Monday Monday, April 18, 2022
Ways to Register
(registration now on) Our online registration system allows you to register and pay for programs, sign up for memberships and rent facilities. Search for your favourite program by keyword, age, day, time, location and more. If you find a program that isn’t open for registration, you can save it to your wish list and add it to your cart when it opens.
In person at the Wellness Complex
Due to COVID-19 we encourage all members, new and old to register online to limit the spread of the virus through touch points such as paper. We encourage those that require assistance to ask a member their social circle to help. All in person registrations may begin the day following online registration.
By mail to the Wellness Complex
Will not be reviewed until the day following online registration. All mail will be held for three days before opening for COVID-19 precautions.
Drop off prior to registration date
Will not be reviewed until the day following online registration. All drop offs will be held for three days before opening for COVID-19 precautions.
Don’t miss the activity or program you want – REGISTER ONLINE IN 4 EASY STEPS! It’s fast. It’s easy. All you need is an internet connection, a Wellness Online account and a credit card. Let’s get started:
Browse programs under Spring 2021 Programs. Once you have located the activity you would like to participate in click the Register button, under the program description.
Sign into your account and click on Activities in the top menu. Select your activity and Add to Cart.
Select the Participant enrolling in the program or activity. Now you can Proceed to Shopping Cart or Add to Cart & Continue Shopping.
If you are finished shopping you can Proceed to Checkout then Agree to Waivers. Finally, select your Method of Payment: credit card, gift card or account credit.
Important Online Registration Reminders
- Before Registration Date: Check with a customer service clerk to confirm your account is activated for online registration. We supply the first password that will need to be changed. If you have participated in programs previously it is likely that we have your email address. If you are not sure, give us a call.
- You must have a valid Wellness Pass for the duration of the program you are registering for.
- If you are registering for your child or spouse, please verify they have an account prior to creating one.
- You will be required to complete a registration form and a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) when purchasing or renewing your Wellness Pass, trial pass or registering for a program. A PAR-Q is not required when registering for a program only. Registration fees do not include tax (exceptions noted).
Admission Guidelines Terms & Conditions
- All children 12 years of age and under must be under the direct supervision of an adult/guardian or be registered in a paid program. Guardians must be 16 years of age or older.
- The Wellness Pass is valid for one year from date of purchase and is non-refundable/non-transferable. A replacement charge of $3 is required for lost cards.
- Valid passes are to be scanned upon entry to the Complex – at the reception counter.
- If you forget your pass more than 3 times, you will be required to purchase a replacement for $3.
- Annual fee is to be paid on or before expiry of your Wellness Pass. Fees are subject to an annual review. Wellness passes must be current for the duration of any program or activity that requires registration. No time will be lost on the yearly pass as renewal begins on the last day of expiry.
- A trial pass allows access to age-appropriate drop-in activities, computer lab, library, billiards room, and pool (with punch card) during regular business hours (subject to availability). The trial pass may be upgraded and credited towards a yearly Wellness Pass on the same day of your visit. The trial pass is only valid on day of issue, is non-refundable and is limited to one per individual. You will be required to complete a registration form and a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) when purchasing a trial pass.
Credits and Refunds – Programs
A full credit or refund (issued by cheque) will be granted if an activity is cancelled by the division. Client initiated refunds are subject to an administration fee and will be credited or refunded (issued by cheque). Credits and refunds are also subject to prorating and will only be processed after receiving a completed withdrawal form before the second class of the block. If a program is paid for by a gift card, the refund will go back to the gift card. Memberships are non-refundable. Credits under $10 will be kept on your account for future use. Allow 3 weeks for processing and mailing of your cheque. No cash refunds.
Administration Fee and Withdrawals
No program withdrawal or transfers will be issued after the 2nd class of the block. In order to withdraw from a program a completed Client Withdrawal Form – Program is required to be submitted either in person at the Wellness Complex or via email at email@example.com before the second class of the block. This can be obtained from the Reception counter at the Wellness Complex or online: www.welland.ca. If the program has started, registration fees will be refunded on a pro-rated basis and subject to an administration fee.
Closures & Cancellations
Due to COVID-19 we may have unexpected cancellations and closures. Please ensure that your email information is up to date as this will be our main source of communication to our members. All cancellations and closures will be posted on Recreation & Culture Alerts and Cancellations section on www.welland.ca
Our division responds to the needs identified by the Welland community. Every effort is made to include individuals with disabilities in our programs. If you or your child have a disability and require additional support or instructor awareness, please note this information on the registration form.
Our accessible reception counter is equipped with the Portaloop and Ubi Duo assistive communication devices. Nextalk is toll-free 1-866-273-5094 to the City of Welland switchboard and calls will be forwarded to the assigned staff in the appropriate department.
A support person is an individual hired or chosen to accompany a person with a disability in order to help with communication, mobility, personal care, medical needs or access to goods or services. A support person could be a paid personal support worker, a volunteer, a friend or a family member.
If you are a person with a disability that requires the accompaniment of a support person to participate in programs and activities at the Welland Community Wellness Complex, please obtain a Support Person Registration form from the Reception counter or online at: www.welland.ca/LicAppPermits.asp
Registration fees for support persons, when accompanying a person with a disability, will be charged when the support person's presence occupies a registered space. The Wellness Pass fee will be waived for support persons only when accompanying a person that requires support.
Wellness For All
Wellness For All is a financial assistance program designed to assist those with limited financial resources to participate in the Recreation and Culture Division programs. More information on the Wellness For All program is available here
We accept VISA, MasterCard or American Express credit cards and cheque, cash, gift cards or debit. When registering online a valid credit card or gift card are the only sources of payment. Attach a cheque (with appropriate tax) or credit card information when mailing your form. Post dated cheques will not be accepted with the exception of summer camp. Payment is due at the time of registration. A $35 fee applies for NSF cheques.
If a program is full, you may request to be added to the wait-list. A Wellness Pass is required to be put on a wait-list.
The Wellness Complex creates programming within four sessions – Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. Currently, due to COVID-19, each session is separated into three consecutive blocks – Block 1, Block2 and Block 3. The length of the blocks and the overall sessions can vary depending on factors such as holidays, room availability, instructor availability, department-initiated cancellations/changes and required cleaning/maintenance.
We reserve the right to extend, cancel or alter any class time, fee, or location if required. Instructors are not guaranteed for programs. Staff will make every effort to assign instructors accordingly. In the event of a class cancellation, at the discretion of staff, a different instructor may be assigned to teach the class due to instructor or room availability.
Why do Classes get Cancelled?
The division may cancel, postpone or combine any program that fails to meet the minimum registration numbers up to a minimum of one week prior to course start date. It is important to register early. If a program has been cancelled, you will be notified. If we cannot accommodate you in another class, we will either credit your account or issue a full refund.
The City of Welland reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event sponsored by the City of Welland, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. Photographs/videos may be used in publications and/or other media including websites, brochures, newspapers and social media.
Fitness Orientation: 3pm the day prior to your orientation on weekdays. 12pm the day prior to your orientation on weekends. If not, a $12 fee is applied.