SUMMER DAY CAMP
The City of Welland Summer Day Camp provides an affordable way for your children to enjoy all that summer has to offer. Our summer camp has a reputation for offering creative, fun and inclusive child care programming for children ages 4 to 12.
Online registration begins: May 27, 2021 at 9am
Download Online Registration Steps Here
Note: Proof of date of birth and address for each camper must be provided by June 4 at 4pm or you will be removed from the system and fully refunded. Proof of date of birth and address can be scanned and submitted as attached file/document to firstname.lastname@example.org If this is not an option, hard copies must be delivered to the Welland Community Wellness Complex (145 Lincoln Street) at our Reception Desk or mailbox slot (located near our current front entrance to the right).
** If you are registering with Community Living or require a support person for your child, you can only register in person at the Welland Community Wellness Complex on June 1. There are guaranteed spots in each cohort for Community Living registrants and that is not affected by the online camp registration starting May 27.
In-person registration begins: June 1, 2021 at 9am
In-person registration is by appointment only at the Welland Community Wellness Complex. Starting May 31, you can call to book your registration timeslot at 905-735-1700 ext. 4000. You must bring all paperwork and documentation or you will be declined to enter.
Summer Day Camp Age Groups
Each age group will have age appropriate activities. Activities include, but are not limited to: crafts, sports, yoga, games, guest speakers, unique presentations and fun, local excursions. Camp will also have ‘theme weeks’ indicated on the camp schedule which will be provided at a later date. Registrants are required to bring a lunch, drinks, snacks, sunblock, hand sanitizer and mask(s) to camp each day.
The following is an outline for our Summer Camp Cohorts as we are operating at a 10% decrease this year due to safety protocol and regulations:
- Ages: 4 to 5 years
- Cohorts: 2 groups of 10
- Location: Chippawa Park Community Hall
- Ages: 6 to 8 years
- Cohorts: 4 groups of 10
- Location: Welland Youth and Main Arenas
- Ages: 9 to 12 years
- Cohorts: 3 groups of 10
- Location: Welland Community Wellness Complex
Note: To determine your child’s group it should correspond with your child’s age on the first day of the first week they are attending camp. Even if your child enjoys a birthday during camp, they should remain in their original age group and cohort upon registration due to safety protocols and regulations.
- It is important that your child remain in the same cohort throughout their camp experience to stay consistent, for continuity and most importantly due to safety protocols and regulations.
- Covid-19 Safety Protocols will remain a priority all summer. Daily screenings will take place and masks are to be worn at all times.
- Trip days to be confirmed pending COVID-19 legislation.
- Pool days have yet to be confirmed.
- Activity calendars provided at a later date.
- Cohort drop-off and pick-up times may be staggered for safety and preventative measures.
- With Ontario’s Roadmap to Re-Open framework, please note that we may have to alter or re-arrange camp as rules and policy permits. In the event this occurs, you will be notified as soon as possible.
ACCESSIBILITY & INCLUSION FOR ALL
The Recreation and Culture Division programs are fully inclusive and welcome all children. Should your child require any extra support, please complete the personal information form provided and indicate this to a Customer Service Clerk. Furthermore, parents whose child requires additional supports and are connected to Community Living Welland Pelham should contact their Community Living Family Support Coordinator. The City of Welland does not provide one to one support. Campers may bring their own support worker at no additional cost and they will be included as a camper in the cohort.
Staff are mature and responsible individuals selected for their special abilities and experience working with children. All staff participate in intensive pre-camp training. Many are enrolled in University or College and have experience working in schools, recreation centres or child care centres. All staff are certified in First Aid, CPR & High Five trained.
Dates & Times
- 9 Weeks Monday, July 5 to Friday, September 3
- Day Program: Monday to Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm
Summer Day Camp Fees
- Full Week: Resident $136 / Non-Resident $141
- 4 Day Week (August 3 to 6): Resident $109 / Non-Resident $114
Note: Summer Day Camp is a weekly registration. Single Days will not be permitted, should you choose to register a child and they can only attend a partial week, the fee remains unchanged.
- Late Pickup Fee: Late pickups may be subject to a late fee, if charged it will be per child.
- Financial Assistance: Subsidy Request & Referral Form
Option 1: Cash/Debit/Credit Card – payment in full at time of registration.
Option 2: Weekly post-dated cheques payable three weeks in advance.
Camp Refund Policy
- Transferring of weeks will not be permitted.
- Withdrawal requests must be made by submitting a Camp Withdrawal Request Form.
- Notification via email or phone will not constitute a proper withdrawal request.
- Minimum two weeks’ notice must be provided.
- An administration fee of $69 per week applies.
Ages: 13 to 15 years
Leaders In Training (LIT’s) are not paid staff but youth in training for future opportunities. This program is designed to teach the new leader about teamwork, co-operation, introductory leadership development and initiative taking. Participants will spend part of each week in groups with other LIT’s and camp leaders, combined with lots of supervised hands-on experience. A Leader In Training manual is included and a certificate of successful completion.
- LIT Locations: LIT will be included in one of our 3 camp locations this summer based on cohort and staff availability. Details to follow closer to camp start.
- Fee: Resident $197/Non-Resident $217
- Short Week Fee: Resident $158/Non-Resident $174